CNC MACHINE OPERATOR
FOND DU LAC, WI | Temp/Hire
1. Monitor extrusion on cooling table and operate stretchers in accordance with specified operating instructions. Check items such as badge dimensions, angles, flatness, wall thickness etc; Understanding of drawing (print) is essential to performing this job.
2. Cut extrusions to specified length according to job instructions and stack on cart for transport to next operation.
3. Prepare proper documentation, including work orders, travelers, etc; assuring that paperwork is distributed appropriately and the next operator has sufficient data and instructions.
4. Read and interpret work order, instructions and any attached job operations prior to beginning job, ensuring that all associates are informed of any special instructions, which need to be followed.
5. Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly fashion.
6. Comply with all safety rules and regulations including wearing of proper personal protective equipment and operating equipment in prescribed safe manner.
7. Provide assistance in other departments as needed and/or requested, including fabrication, anodizing and packing departments.
8. Forklift training and operation required.
9. Operate automatic loader to place billet onto storage table and load into billet furnace.
10. Responsible to know different alloys and sizes making sure the appropriate type and size is being used.
11. Assist press operator with set up, die changes and cleanup of used tooling as necessary while wearing the appropriate PPE.
12. Maintain appropriate records and documentation including production reports, control plans, and charts.
Ability to work effectively with tools and equipment such as calipers, micrometers, pins, feeler gauges, squares, calculators, and other miscellaneous measuring instruments and small tools.