GREEN BAY, WI | Temp/Hire
Repairs and services the mechanical, electrical, and other components of a semi's engine. Using hand tools, power tools, and/or any other testing or repair equipment necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Determines necessary mechanical, electrical, or other areas that need repair to meet the customer's expectations
2. Performs Preventative Maintenance in accordance with company procedures
3. Diagnoses and repairs truck breakdowns. Be able to repair and rebuild engines
4. Performs repairs to transmission, driveline, and differentials
5. Performs repairs to engine accessory components
6. Correctly completes all forms, time cards, parts requests, or any other documents associated with repairs
7. Represents Our Client in a professional manner, remaining friendly and courteous in all customer and coworker interactions.
8. Wears proper personal protective equipment to protect from injury.
9. Keeps work areas clean and free of clutter.
10. Stays current with technical literature.
11. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Ability to talk and hear
2. Ability to walk up and down one full flight of stairs to reach office areas, storage rooms and meeting rooms
3. Ability to use hands and fingers to handle or feel and to manipulate tools
4. Ability to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push or pull
5. Ability to see with close vision
6. Ability to communicate with others verbally (telephone and in person) and in written communication methods
7. Ability to lift 50 lbs from floor to waist and carry
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Valid Wisconsin Drivers License, CDL preferred
The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The employee is exposed to dirt, dust and fumes from the shop, as well as temperature changes due to weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.